Composition:each film-coated tablet contains:
active substance: atorvastatin (as atorvastatin calcium salt) - 10 mg or 20 mg.
Atorvastatin is prescribed as a supplement to diet for treating patients with increased total cholesterol, LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B and triglycerides, as well as for increasing the level of HDL (high density lipoprotein) cholesterol in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (familial heterozygous and non-familial hypercholesterolemia), combined (mixed) hyperlipidemia (Fredrickson type IIa and IIb), increased plasma triglycerides (Fredrickson type III) when the diet has no sufficient effect. Atorvastatin is also indicated for lowering total cholesterol and LDL cholesterol in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia with insufficient response to the diet and other non-pharmaceutical therapies.
Cardiovascular complications prevention
Atorvastatin is indicated for patients without clinical signs of a cardiovascular diseases, with or without dyslipidemia, but with multiple risk factors of coronary heart disease, such as smoking, arterial hypertension, diabetes mellitus, low HDL cholesterol or with family history of premature coronary heart disease:
- to reduce the risk of lethality in coronary heart disease and nonfatal myocardial infarction;
- to reduce the risk of stroke;
- to reduce the risk to undergo revascularization and the risk of angina pectoris;
- to reduce the risk of hospital admission with chronic heart failure;
- to reduce the risk of angina pectoris.
Administration in children (patients aged 10-17)
Atorvastatin is indicated as a supplement to diet for lowering total cholesterol, LDL (low density lipoprotein) cholesterol, apolipoprotein B in girls after menarche and boys aged 10-17 with history of heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia in case of the following parameters after the respective test dietary therapy:
a. LDL cholesterol level remains > 190 mg/dl; or
b. LDL cholesterol level remains > 160 mg/dl; and:
* there is an inherited predisposition to early cardiovascular diseases; or
* children experience 2 or more other risk factors of cardiovascular diseases at present.
film-coated tablets 10mg, 20mg
Store in protected from light place at temperature below 30ºC.