Ecological policy of top management of Belmedpreparaty RUE
Environmental certification is one of the important elements of the state policy in the field of environmental protection, aimed at protecting the interests of the state, society and its citizens in the field of the environment, ensuring environ-mental safety and preserving biological diversity.
The legislative basis for Environmental certification in the Republic of Belarus is the Law of the Republic of Belarus "On Environmental Protection".
RUE "Belmedpreparaty" realizes that the production activity of the enterprise is associated with a certain negative impact on the environment and takes all possible steps to minimize such impact.
The enterprise consistently implements the policy of large-scale modernization of equipment and technological processes, taking into account increasing environmental requirements, which allows reducing the amount of pollutant emissions into the atmosphere and minimizing waste generation.
In order to implement effective environmental protection in the development and production of pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical substances, the Environmental Management System (EMS) has been established,
implemented and effectively operated at RUE Belmedpreparaty since 2005. The EMS of RUE "Belmedpreparaty" is certified for compliance with the requirements of STB ISO 14001-2005 in the National System for Conformity Attestation of the Republic of Belarus.
Since the establishment of the EMS, and throughout the validity period of the environmental certificate of conformity, RUE "Belmedpreparaty" annually confirms compliance with the requirements of STB ISO 14001-2005 and the effective functioning of the Environmental Management System during the annual inspection control of the enterprise by the certification body of the Ministry of Environment RUE "Ecologyainvest".
Since 2005, the EMS of RUE "Belmedpreparaty" has been re-certified three times (in 2008, 2012 and 2015). In 2015, a new certificate of compliance with environmental validity until 2018 was received.
EMS is a part of the general administrative system of the enterprise and allows you to manage the impact on the environment. As an effective tool, EMS al-lows the company to achieve optimal environmental performance in terms of pollutant emissions into the air, wastewater discharges into the municipal sewerage network, waste generation volumes, systematically monitor them and minimize the environmental impact of production activities on the environment.
The main document of the Environmental Management System of RUE "Belmedpreparaty" is the Environmental Policy.
Basic principles of the company's Environmental Policy:
- compliance with legislation;
- pollution prevention;
- constant improvement;
- effective functioning of production environmental control system;
- improvement of the system of waste production management with the priority direction of their use and prevention of its generation.
Basic principles and approaches of the company in the field of environmental protection
- minimization of the company's impact on the environment;
- protection of the air basin;
- protection of the water basin;
- protection of soils;
- optimization of waste management;
- rational use of natural resources;
- rational use of energy resources;
- handling of flora objects in accordance with environmental requirements;
- improvement of production environmental control system of the enterprise production activities;
- o environmental training of personnel and promotion of environmental activities of RUE "Belmedpreparaty";
- education of ecological consciousness and increase of the ecological culture of the personnel;
- development and introduction into production of resource-saving, low-waste, environmentally safe technologies;
- continuous monitoring of emissions and discharges of pollutants, volumes of waste generation, compliance with environmental standards and requirements in the development and manufacture of medicines, construction and reconstruction of production facilities.
Within the framework of a functioning Environmental Management System, environmental aspects that have an impact on the environment and their importance are identified in all structural divisions of the enterprise.
Based on all identified important environmental aspects, the Environmental Management Program of RUE Belmedpreparaty was developed. In order to reduce the impact of production activities on the environment, the enterprise systematically implements measures "Environmental
Management Program of RUE" Belmedpreparaty" aimed at reducing the burden on the environment and ensuring environmental safety in the affected production zone.